- Trek Overview
- Inclusions / Exclusions
Take a trek that has acquired a legendary status for mountaineers and the Devotees, alike. Trek through the meadows of Gangotri , forests of Chirbasa and Bhojbasa to the source of the holy Ganges. Set camps at Tapovan , which has been frequented by yogis and mountaineers for many years. Tapovan is also the base camp of two of the most legendary mountains in our country – Shivling and Meru. The trek offers spell-binding views of some of the most legendary peaks in the Garhwal Himlayas. The yogis say, that every peak here has a story!
This trek lies inside the Gangotri National park near Uttarkashi. The Char Dham lies in Uttarakhand and is thus called Dev Bhoomi (Gods abode).This area is a major Hindu tourist/pilgrim destination. The native language is Garhwali and the people are often referred as Pahadi (Mountain folk).
How are we making it different?
We take smaller groups, camp at Tapovan for a night and take trekkers to explore Meru Glacier.
- Chances of rain/Hail – Mild to moderate rain can be expected in June.(Though monsoon hits most parts of the country in June it reaches Uttrakhand properly only after the 15th of June.
- Snow on trail – Less likely
- Temperatures: Afternoon upto 20 degrees, Nights around zero degrees (June) at higher camps
- Chances of Rain/ Hail – Mild to moderate rain can be expected in September.
- Snow on trail – Possible snowfall in October
- Temperatures: Afternoon upto 20 degrees, Nights Around -5 to -8 degrees (Oct) at higher camps
- Day 1: Arrive at Gangotri (Base village) (3063 mts) – 7 hour drive. Night stay in a Hotel.
- Day 2: Trek to Chirbasa (3585 mts). Night in camps. Trek Distance – 9 Kms; Trek time – 6 hours
- Day 3: Trek to Bhojbasa (3795 mts) . Night in camps. Trek Distance – 5 Kms; Trek time – 3 hours
- Day 4: Acclimatization day at Bhojbasa. Hike to Gaumukh in the morning for good views.
- Day 5: Trek to Tapovan (4327 mts). Night in camps. Trek Distance – 6.5 Kms; Trek time – 4 hours
- Day 6: Trek to Bhojbasa (3795 mts). Trek Distance – 6.5 Kms; Trek time - 7 hours
- Day 7: Trek to Gangotri. Night in Hotel. Trek Distance – 9 Kms; Trek time - 7 hours
- Day 8: We disperse in the morning after breakfast.
- All accommodation and food from Gangotri to Gangotri.
- Rentals for all common gear provided to you like tent, sleeping bags etc.
- Forest entry permission charges.
- Guide and expertise charges.
Lohajung is 250 Kms from Haldwani and 285 Kms from Dehradun. One can reach here by booking a cab from Dehradun/Haldwani (We can help you with that, if assistance is needed). The cost of the cab will be approximately 6000INR (For a Bolero or similar vehicle. Innova/ Ertiga costs more) For people wanting to use public transport,one can get shared cabs and buses for Lohajung from Dehradun. It is advisable to book a cab to avoid inconvenience.