- Trek Overview
- Inclusions / Exclusions
Har ki dun lies very close to the Yamunotri in the Garhwal section of Uttarakhand. The Char Dham lies in Uttarakhand and is thus called Dev Bhoomi (Gods abode).This area is a major Hindu tourist/pilgrim destination. The native language is Garhwali and the people are often referred as Pahadi (Mountain folk).
March – May
- Chances of Rain/Hail – less likely
- Snow on trail- Less likely
- Temperatures: Afternoon upto 25 degrees (May), Nights – Around -10 degrees( March) at higher camps
- Chances of Rain/Hail – Less likely
- Snow on trail – Possible snowfall in December
- Temperatures: Afternoon upto 20 degrees, Nights – Around -5 to -8 degrees (Dec) at higher camps
- Day 1: Pick up from Dehradun Railway station. Drive to Sankri (Base village) – 7 hour drive. Night stay in a nice comfortable homestay.
- Day 2: Drive from Sankri to Taluka. Trek from Taluka to Gangaad ;1.5 hour drive and 5-6 hours trek , 11 km.
- Day 3: Gangaad to Kalkatiyadhar; 4 hours, 6-7 km
- Day 4: Kalkatiyadhar to Boslo via Har Ki Dun; 5-6 hrs, 10km
- Day 5: Boslo to Untigad; 6-7 hrs, 9-10km
- Day 6: Untigad to Devesu Thatch via Ruinsara Tal; 7 hours, 13 km
- Day 7: Devsu Thatch to Gangaad to Taluka by trek. Then drive (1.5 hours) to Sankri, 6-7 hours.
- Day 8 : Depart from Sankri by 7 am. You are expected back in Dehradun by 7-8 pm.
- All meals and accommodation starting from your arrival at Sankri to your departure on day 5.
- Forest entry charges
- Rentals for all common gear provided to you like tent and sleeping bags.
- Guide and Expertise charges
Sankri is 160 kms from Dehradun. One can reach here by booking a cab from Dehradun. We can help you with that, if assistance is needed). The cost of the cab will be approximately 6000INR (For a Bolero or similar vehicle. Innova/ Ertiga costs more)
For people wanting to use public transport,one can get buses for Sankri from Dehradun. One can also get buses for Netwar or Mori from Dehradun and take a shared cab/ bus to Sankri from these places. Shared cab/ bus from Netwar to Sankri are limited and irregular.
Note, it is advisable to book a cab to avoid inconvenience.