- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Join us, as we take you on this amazing journey of tracking and spotting the endearing yet elusive Red Panda, in the remote wilderness of the Singalila National Park.
The park’s temperate broad-leaf and coniferous forest provides the ideal habitat for the red panda.
Stay at a comfortable homestay hosted by locals and get a flavor of the rich Nepali culture.
Whilst the red panda will no doubt be the highlight of your time spent at Singalila, the national park is sure to provide you with many other spectacular wildlife encounters.
The area is a birder’s paradise with over 300 species of bird having been recorded here and mammals to spot include yellow-throated marten, leopard cat, Himalayan serow and barking deer.
ABOUT SINGALILA NATIONAL PARK
The Singalila National Park is located in the Eastern Himalayas, in the Darjeeling district of West Bengal.
The Singalila National Park had the highest density of Red Pandas in India, until a major forest fire swept through the park in March 2006. After that, only 20 to 25 of the species were left in the area, giving rise to Project Red Panda for their reintroduction in the wild from captive breeding.
The extremely popular trek to Sandakphu from Phalut is also within the Singalila National Park.
To reach Singalila National Park, start your journey from Siliguri to Tonglu via Kurseong. The nearest railway station is Ghoom, 31km from Tonglu. Bagdogra is the nearest airport to the national park.
Day 1: Pick up from Siliguri/ Bagdogra Airport & drive to Maneybhajang village
Distance: 81 kms; Time: 4 hrs
Days 2 to 6: Red Panda Tracking & Spotting in Singalila National Park
Day 7: Drive back to Bagdogra/Siliguri
Contact us for detailed itinerary:
Email us: email@example.com
Whatsapp us: +91 9041139949
- Transfers to and from Bagdogra airport / Siliguri
- Bolero vehicle rides for Safari
- All meals starting from evening tea on Day 1 to breakfast on Day
- Stay and lodging in homestays all throughout the trip on double and triple sharing
- Permits and forest entry charges
- Guide and expertise charges. (You will be accompanied by 2 local red panda trackers and 1 red panda specialist and nature guide. We carry a medical first aid kit and oxygen cylinder on all our )
- 5% GST
- Flight / Train / Bus tickets till Siliguri &
- Meals or drinks purchased by participants during the travel or trek
(e.g: biscuits, fruits, )
- Rentals for personal (You’re expected to bring your own personal gear)
No Details Found