- Trek Overview
- Inclusions / Exclusions
Tarsar Marsar puts on display everything you expect from a trek in Kashmir. Firstly, the base for the trek is one of the most beautiful villages you can see,Aru. Secondly, the trail takes you through some of the most beautiful forests and meadows that you can see! Thirdly, this trek offers some of the best campsites you will see. And lastly, the sight of the alpine lakes will leave you speechless!
Trekking in Kashmir is a unique experience. Not only are the Kashmir treks one of the most beautiful ones you would ever do, the terrain is also very exclusive. The scenes and views you see here are difficult to find anywhere else. The alpine lakes coupled with lush green meadows and wide valleys make a splendid setting–giving you a view to die for. The best of campsites are found in Kashmir and they are often at the shores of a beautiful alpine lake.
On this trek you would be trekking in south Kashmir in the Pir Panjal range. The nearest big town is Pahalgam and the trek starts in a beautiful,tiny hamlet, Aru. The Dachigam National Park borders Marsar and the area is rich in Flora and Fauna. The trek runs very close to the Amarnath yatra adding to the feeling of safety.
- Chances of Rain/Hail – Mild to moderate showers expected in short spells. (Though monsoon hits most parts of the country in June, Kashmir does not get a lot of rainfall. The onset of rainfall is mostly in July and even then it rains scarcely.
- Snow on trail – Possible in June end
- Temperatures – The temperature is a lot cooler in Kashmir as compared to other areas in the Himalayas. Afternoon upto 20 degrees, Nights – Around zero degrees(June), -7 degrees (September)
- Day 1 – Arrive in Srinagar and drive to Aru (2424 m)
- Day 2: Trek from Aru to Lidderwat (2782m) ; Distance - 10 kms, Trek time - 5 hours. Overnight stay in camps
- Day 3: Trek from Lidderwat to Tarsar (3792m) ; Distance - 10 kms, Trek Time - 8 hours. Overnight stay in camps
- Day 4: Exploration day at Tarsar. Visit Marsar ; Distance - 4 kms, Trek Time - 5 hours. Overnight stay in camps
- Day 5: Trek from Tarsar to Sundersar (3945m); Distance -5 kms, Trek Time - 5 hours. Overnight stay in camps.
- Day 6: Trek from Sundersar to Homwas (3500m) ; Distance - 8 kms, Trek Time - 6 hours. Overnight stay in Hotel
- Day 7: Trek from Homwas to Rohil valley (3850 mts); Distance - 10 kms, Trek Time - 6 hours.
- Day 8: Trek from Rohil valley to Basmai lake and back ; Distance - 10 kms, Trek Time - 6 hours. Drive back to Srinagar.
- Day 9: Trek from Rohil to Aru ; Distance - 13 kms, Trek Time - 6 hours. Drive back to Srinagar.
- Complete stay and accommodation during the entire duration of the trek from Aru to Aru
- All meals starting from Evening tea on the first day to lunch on the last day.
- Rentals for all common gear provided to you like tent, sleeping bags etc.
- Forest Entry Permission , Guide and expertise charges.
Aru is 100 kms from Srinagar and 17 kms from Pahalgam. One can reach Aru by booking a cab (We can help you with that, if assistance is needed). The cost of the cab will be approximately 3000INR
For people travelling alone,one can get shared cabs for Pahalgam early morning. If you don’t get a shared cab till Pahalgam you can get one till Anantnag and then one onwards. After reaching Pahalgam, one can get a shared cab to Aru.
Note, it is advisable to book a cab to avoid inconvenience.