- Trek Overview
- Inclusions / Exclusions
Encompassing an area of 28 sq kms, the Dayara Bugyal (Bugyal is a synonym for meadows in Garhwali) is one of the largest high altitude meadow in the country. Located in the Gangotri valley, this trek offers unparalleled views of the Gangotri side of the Garhwal Himalayas. The yogis say, that every peak here has a story! You can almost reach out and touch peaks like Bandarpoonch,Srikanth Kailash , Draupadi Ka Danda! The trail to the Bugyal takes you through some beautiful Coniferous , Maple and Rhododendron forests. Moreover, April is also the time when Rhododendron flowers bloom coloring the forest red!
Dayara lies very close to the Uttarkashi in the Gangotri valley in the Garhwal section of Uttrakhand. The Char Dham lies in Uttarakhand and is thus called Dev Bhoomi (Gods abode).This area is a major Hindu tourist/pilgrim destination. The native language is Garhwali and the people are often referred as Pahadi (Mountain folk).
March – May
- Chances of rain/Hail – Unlikely
- Snow on trail – Possible in March
- Temperatures- Afternoon upto 20 degrees (May), Nights around -2 degrees (May) at higher camps
- Chances of Rain/Hail – Mild to moderate rain can be expected in September.
- Snow on trail – Possible snowfall in December
- Temperatures – Afternoon upto 20 degrees (September), Nights around -5 to -8 degrees (Dec) at higher camps
- Day 1: Drive from Dehradun to Raithal (1800mts). Overnight stay in a Hotel
- Day 2: Raithal to Gui (2925 mts).Distance - 5 Km, Trek Time - 4 hours, night stay in camps
- Day 3: Gui to Dayara Bugyal (3440 mts). Distance - 4 Kms, trek Time -4 hours, Overnight stay in camps
- Day 4: Dayara Bugyal to Bakaria top (3807 mts) and back, Distance - 8 Km trek, Trek Time - 6 hours.
- Day 5: Dayara Bugyal to Barsu (2300m) Distance - 8 Km trek, Trek Time -5 hours and drive to Dehradun.
- 5% GST
- Accommodation and food in Raithal on the first and last day.
- Complete stay and accommodation during the entire trek.
- All meals starting from dinner on the first day to dinner on the 2nd last day.
- Rentals for all common gear provided to you like tent, sleeping bags etc.
- Forest Entry Permission charges.
- Guide and expertise charges
Raithal is 180 kms from Dehradun. One can reach here by booking a cab from Dehradun. We can help you with that, if assistance is needed). The cost of the cab will be approximately 6000INR (For a Bolero or similar vehicle. Innova/ Ertiga costs more) For people wanting to use public transport,one can get shared cabs and buses for Uttarkashi from Dehradun. From Uttarkashi you will have take a cab till Raithal. Note, it is advisable to book a cab to avoid inconvenience.
A certified trek leader, a guide, cook & porters will accompany you during the trek
The common perception is that alcohol makes you feel warmer, however it also dehydrates you & dehydration can be fatal while trekking. Hence consumption of alcohol is prohibited. Smoking in camps is not allowed.
Wild animals do not frequent camps. They tend to stay away.
We’ve been organizing treks for over two years and have had many female trekkers trek with us. In fact, a lot of them come solo for treks. There has never been a complaint about the atmosphere of a trek, about other trekkers or our professionalism. They have all been kind enough to leave a review.
In all the camps where the accommodation is in guest houses/home stays, there will be proper toilets. On the day of camping, we will have toilet tents, the standard, most hygienic way of answering nature’s call. A deep pit will be dug in the ground and once you’re done, you will have to use a shovel & throw in some dirt from a mound of dirt kept nearby. These will be dry toilets with no water hence please carry tissue roll for the toilet tent (refrain from using wet wipes as they are not bio degradable), for the rest of the days, you can carry rolls as per your convenience.
Yes, you are ideally expected to carry your backpack. But you do have an option of offloading your bags on a mule for an additional cost. The cost will be 400/ per day per bag. One is expected to inform us about offloading 1 week prior to the trek
Yes, this trek is ideal for first timers.
A trekking pole is advised. It will help you balance better. However, it’s not compulsory. Gaitors and microspikes will be provided if the situation demands the same. A good padded jacket and trousers are a must if trek is in winter.