- Trek Overview
- Inclusions / Exclusions
- Chances of Rain/Hail – Mild drizzles
- Temperatures- Afternoon upto 20 degrees (May), Nights around zero degrees (May).
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu. You will be picked up at the airport and taken to your Hotel.
- Day 2: Drive to Kerung (2900m). Early morning drive to Kerung that is 175 Km. We will provide you with packed breakfast on the way and Lunch at Nepal/China border. We walk along for 10 minutes to cross the bridge. After finishing all the immigration and custom formalities, we meet the guide and driver. Overnight stay in a Hotel.
- Day 3: Rest Day at Kerung (2,900 m). This day is reserved for acclimatization
- Day 4: Saga/4450m or Dongba: (Labug-La 5050m, Peku-tso and Saga, 245 km). Today is the first long driving day over the sandy and rocky land of Tibet. You will be greeted by sights like beautiful mountains, scenic roads, serene lakes, nomads chasing hundreds of yaks and sheep. By the late afternoon you will cross the Bramhaputra river on the way to a typical Tibetan town, Saga. Overnight in Saga.
- Day 5: Manasarover (4558m) 500 km. Today is the longest driving day of our trip. We drive northwards, far south you can see snow covered peaks. By late afternoon you will have the first sight of Holy Kailash Parbat and Manasarovar. You stay in a small village near Lake Manasarovar. Night halt beside Manasarovar.
- Day 6: Puja and drive to Tarchen (14975ft). Manasarovar is the lake of compassion, tranquility and bliss. After completing the memorable morning bath and Puja we will be heading towards Tarchen. It is considered as the base camp for the Holy Kailash Parikrama.
- Day 7: Trek to DeharaPuk/5000m. This is one of the most exciting days, walking along the beautiful rocky cliffs; waterfalls with some clouds in the clear blue skies make you feel the presence a greater being. The face of Kailash Parbat will keep appearing from time to time. The trail stretches 18 km and it takes almost 7 hrs to reach DeharaPuk.
- Day 8: Hardest but Holiest day of your pilgrimage Yatra with Dolma-La (pass) of 18600ft. In order to reach the Shiva-sthal, one has to cross Yamsthal. At Yamsthal, the ritual of symbolical death is performed i.e. Pilgrims leave their old clothes, spin of hair or a drop of blood in hope that Yamraja (the master of death) will accept the offerings and will allow the Yatris (travelers) to be born in spirit to pass Dolma- La. Once you reach the top, you get some time to offer your prayers. You then start descending, Parvati-sthal and Gauri Kunda are on the way. By late afternoon you will arrive at ZuthalPuk- The cave of miracles. The great ascetic Milerappa is supposed to have performed miracles here.
- Day 9: End of Kailash Parikrama and drive to Dongba. After a short trek (2 hrs) you reach a point where the cab will be waiting and you will be driven to Dongba. Overnight stay at Guesthouse in Dongba.
- Day 10: Return journey, drive to Kerung City – 270 km / 5.5 hrs. Overnight stay at guesthouse.
- Day 11: Drive back to Kathmandu (175 km). Overnight stay in a Hotel.
- Day 12: Departure/ Airport drop. Early morning transfer to airport to fly back.
- Tibet Group visa and travel permit fee.
- All transportation by bus on Tibet side and by car on Nepal side.
- 09 Nights accommodation in Tibet, in guest houses and 2 nights in Nepal.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner at guest houses.
- A high altitude medical kit which includes oxygen cylinders, Oxymeters, BP meter and Medicines.