- Trek Overview
- Inclusions / Exclusions
This winter get bowled by the marvels Ladakh has to offer. Contrary to popular belief, Ladakh has lots to offer in the winters too! We have compiled a collection of all the best things to do in winters. This offbeat trip includes 3 days on the Chadar trek, 2 nights on the Snow leopard spotting trek, stay in homestays, visit to the frozen Pangong and Ice stupas and lastly a chance to experience a Monastery festival!
So if you’re a person who loves to travel to offbeat quite places and would love the company of more such individuals, this trip is for you!
- Chances of snow – high
Afternoon – -5 degrees
Nights – -25 degrees
Trek led by: Ankit Naithani
- Day 1: Arrive at Leh (3300 mts). Overnight stay in a Hotel. Evening hike to Shanti Stupa for Acclimatization.
- Day 2: Local sightseeing
Early morning Sunrise from the Leh Gompa!We meet our cultural guide for the day who will share details of things you never knew about Ladakh!
After breakfast proceed to a few less frequented places in Leh.
Spituk Monastery, Sankar Gompa, Secmol School and Munshi house in Leh palace.After lunch we take you to the ice skating ring where you can hopefully see an Ice hockey match!
In the evening you meet your naturalist, who gives you a briefing about the next day.
Overnight stay at the hotel
- Day 3: Leh to Uley/Rumbak.
The next two day are dedicated to spotting the elusive cat! We will drive to Uley/Rumbak (depending upon sightings) and check into a nice comfortable homestay!
Evening hike for spotting.
- Day 4: Snow leopard spotting trek.
You go on the field again to spot the elusive cat!
Night stay in Homestay.
- Day 5: Morning hike for Spotting and then proceed to the Chadar trek.
Today is the last opportunity to spot the cat on the field!After lunch, we drive towards Chilling which is the starting point for the Chadar trek. Today you walk on the Chadar for 2 Kms.
Overnight stay in camps.
- Day 6: Trek on chadar
Today is the dedicated to experiencing the chadar. We will walk on the Chadar for close to 12 kms and you will experience this phenomenon throughly!Night stay in camps.
- Day 7: Trek to the roadhead drive back to leh.
Today we head back leh. We first walk for 2 kms to the road head and then drive back to LehLeave for Leh at 10. Reach Leh by 1pm.The evening can be dedicated for shopping in the market.Overnight stay in hotel.
- Day 8: Drive to the frozen Pangong and back. (Weather permitting)
In the morning we drive towards Pangong via Chang La. The journey will take approximately 7 hours.
Overnight stay in a hotel in Leh.
- Day 9: Early morning transfer to airport to fly back.
- Day 10: Buffer
Double sharing accommodation at all places in Hotels / Camps as applicable to the itinerary.
- First aid kit – Including oxygen cylinder
- Airport transfer from Leh airport.
Exclusive sightseeing & excursion by one non ac SUV car/ Tempo Traveller, the same car shall do the complete itinerary.
Wildlife fee for Pangong Lake, Chadar trek and Snow leopard spotting and areas which are protected wildlife sanctuaries in Ladakh.
Inner line permit for restricted areas of Pangong areas (Guest are required to bring one a photocopy of their photo identity proof along with them.
Foreign Tourist should bring their original Passport with a valid Indian Visa on it. For Foreign Diplomats the permit has to be issued from Ministry of Home Affairs, NewDelhi)
Lunch on the way.
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Any Domestic airfares
- Tour guide charges
- Tips for staff.
- Personal expenses like mineral water, phone calls, laundry etc.
- Extra meals / room services / bottled beverages consumed at the hotel.
- Additional cost for Hotel accommodation, transport services due to flight cancellation, road blocks etc.
No Details Found